I see a strong shift to automated testing within the test field. And that's just what I like!
- Test Engineer
- Carla de Groot
With 7 million customers and 15 million unique products bol.com is a textbook example of a big data environment. This environment is developed and maintained by 60 Scrum teams; the corporate-wide drivers behind our innovation and customer satisfaction. Because bol.com ‘breathes’ IT, our IT professionals get every opportunity to grow and distinguish themselves.
As Senior Front-end Software Engineer you are going to be part of a Scrum team that works on expanding and improving our web shop. Our business developers are constantly coming up with ways to improve our customer experience. It is up to you to guide them on a technical level and implement these new features. Don’t worry, you won’t have to do this alone. Your team members and peers are ready to help you make some awesome stuff.
Your task is to help develop scalable, future-proof and performance oriented solutions and expand our front-end architecture. Oh yeah, did we mention that everything you develop has to play nice with all modern browsers and devices?
Next to your team duties, you will join the discussion in our Front-End Guild. Your opinion is very welcome here. We expect you to contribute by sharing your knowledge, perspective and way of working. Do you have a brilliant idea on how we can improve things here at bol.com? You are free to implement this solution and you will even get help from your peers. That’s the beauty of being a software engineer at bol.com
- Developing clean and high-performance code for 7 million customers
- Making our front-end scalable and future proof.
- Coaching, inspiring and engaging team members, discussion partner for business units
- Spotting opportunities, translating these into compelling proofs of concepts
Who you are
- Proven track-record with multi-device front-end development and experience with desktop and touch devices
- Capable of delivering clean, modular code
- Communicative skills; you can convey complex ideas to non-IT’ers
- Coaching qualities; you can share your technical knowledge and perspective with your peers
Your work environment
Bol.com offers an IT-driven work environment in which Scrum and Agile are the principle organizational standards. Thanks to development processes, congresses, hackathons and – last but not least – constant feedback from team members, you can expand your professional horizon at record pace. A mix of cutting edge and proven technology? An open, informal setting that encourages and rewards initiative? A ‘think future, act now’ philosophy geared towards continuous delivery? Choose your own devices (CYOD) & tools? Welcome to bol.com!
Check out our Techlab for the newest blogs in IT at bol.com.