Does the role of Software Engineer in one of our 55 autonomous Scrum teams appeal to you? Show us that you're a forward thinking developer.
I see a strong shift to automated testing within the test field. And that's just what I like!
- Test Engineer
- Carla de Groot
Does the role of Software Engineer in one of our 55 autonomous Scrum teams appeal to you? Show us that you’re a forward thinking developer.
With over 7 million customers, 30 million monthly visits and 15 million products, bol.com is the most successful online retailer in The Netherlands and Belgium. Over 1.200 people – including more than 300 IT-professionals, and 55+ Scrum teams – strive to make bol.com into the best, most customer-centric shop possible. Is that something you’d like to contribute to?
As a Software Engineer you will work in one of the three “feature spaces” within our IT organization:
- The Retail Platform Space focuses on our retail platform. The ambition is to develop a best in class toolbox that seamlessly facilitates buying, product enrichment, sales and reporting.
- The Shopping Experience Space is all about our customers, so optimizing the customer experience is key. Focus areas range from responsive websites, so information is presented perfectly on all devices, to personalization on the bol.com platform.
- The Fulfillment Network Space works on projects that help us meet or even exceed customer expectations each day. CRM platforms, the development of our Warehouse Management System and supporting logistics processes are a few examples.
Our Software Engineers ‘breathe’ IT-technology, and their Java skills are vital to bol.com’s ongoing success. With so many Scrum teams conducting such a wide range of projects, bol.com offers engineers constant challenges to be taken on as a team.
- You develop, test and implement Java solutions, both for our shopping-platform and back-end processes.
- You work in an autonomous team; together you oversee software from development to production.
- You are and feel responsible for your software; “You Build IT, You Run IT, You Love IT”!
- You innovate on a daily basis, both from a functional and a technical standpoint.
Who you are
A Software Engineer who is passionate about modern (open source) solutions. You have a proven ability to comprehend functional requirements, and can translate those insights into scalable solutions. You cherish performance, security and craftsmanship. You keep close tabs on IT-developments and love to be a front-runner.
- You can read and write Java
- Go and Scala experience is an advantage
- Hands-on development experience, preferably in Scrum/Agile environments
- Familiar with continuous integration & delivery
- Communicative skills are key; you spar with many stakeholder
Why work at bol.com?
Bol.com has one of the best work environments you’ll ever encounter. From the casual atmosphere, to the invigorating energy of the building with its open spaces, to the overall high standard of professionalism. Our Scrum teams are autonomous and fully in charge of everything they deliver. We embrace innovation and new technologies. If you want to investigate and implement new techniques, go for it. And of course we have a Choose Your Own Device program for software engineers. We’re also interested in what makes you tick as a person, in your desires and ambitions, and what projects suit you best. And then there’s all of the other reasons, including our on campus soccer field, hackathons, fitness facilities, games-room, and our Friday afternoon get-together with drinks at our own bar.